Schadbach Rechtsanwälte is an international business law firm based in Frankfurt. Our responsive and high-powered team of lawyers serves its clients in all fields of business law. We are committed to the highest of standards in terms of quality combined with a solution-oriented approach and attractive conditions.
Areas of practice
Our core competency fields include Mergers & Acquisitions, corporate law, venture capital and private equity, corporate finance, restructuring, managerial liability, banking and capital markets law, as well as (international) commercial and distribution law. In addition, we advise and assist our predominantly clients in labor law, intellectual property law and information technology law.
Our lawyers are outstanding in their high degree of expertise and wealth of professional experience. Our clients benefit from the specialisation of our lawyers required for the highest quality of advice and efficiency. Our lawyers do not only provide advice on legal issues but implement practical solutions due to a keen understanding of business.
- “Corporate Finance Law Firm of the Year in Germany” 2021 – Global Law Experts
- “Best International Business Law Firm Germany” 2018 – EU Business News
- Ranked no. 20 among the top 50 M&A law firms in Germany (deal volume up to US$ 50m) – Thomson Reuters League Table for Legal Advisors 2017
- “Corporate Finance Law Firm of the Year in Germany” 2016 – Global Law Experts
- “Recommended law firm for Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisition” 2015/2016 – Kanzleimonitor
- “Business Law Firm of the Year in Germany” 2015 and 2016 – Corporate INTL Global Award
- “Recommended law firm” for Stock Corporation and Group Company Law as well as Corporate Law 2014/2015 – Kanzleimonitor
- “Kanzleien in Deutschland” 2012 – Nomos Verlagsgruppe
- “Venture Capital Yearbook” 2009 – Majunke Consulting
- “Der Deutsche Wirtschaftsanwalt” 2008 – Lexxion Verlagsgesellschaft
- “Private Equity Handbook” 2008 – Handelsblatt
RESPONSIVE AND POWERFUL
Schadbach Rechtsanwälte is an international law firm based in Frankfurt am Main, specialising in business law with a network spanning the globe. We offer our clients a first class alternative to big law firms by combining top quality advisory services, specialised expertise and a keen understanding of business matters with optimum cost effectiveness, fast and personalised service, and an unmatched degree of independence. Our emphasis is on tailoring advice specifically to the distinct business context of each individual client. In key areas of business law, independent analysts and clients alike count our law firm among the leading in the market. Over the years, our law firm has been regularly recommended by the most distinguished German and international legal directories.
SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS
Schadbach Rechtsanwälte stands for service-oriented, business-savvy and practical legal advice. We are committed to the highest of standards in terms of quality, availability and efficiency. We work very closely with our clients, orienting our approach exclusively on safeguarding and asserting their best interests. For several companies, we serve as an outsourced legal department, providing regular, ongoing legal advice and representation. We stand by these clients to help shape processes, delivering legal advice for projects such as shareholder meetings or corporate financing initiatives, as well as offering continuous legal support and protection in day-to-day business.We understand business, and know through long years of experience that what counts most when resolving legal matters is efficiency and ensuring sustainable business solutions. From the very start of our relationship with a client, we therefore identify problematic areas and find creative contractual solutions to lower both risk and costs. In legal disputes, our focus is on achieving out-of-court settlements – but not at any price. When called for, Schadbach Rechtsanwälte provides top-notch representation for all types of litigation. Our international orientation, solid linguistic expertise and close cooperation with leading law firms around the globe make us the ideal choice for cross-border mandates. Working and drafting contracts in English are integral to our everyday practice.
INTERDISCIPLINARY COMPETENCE, LOCAL PRESENCE AND INTERNATIONAL REACH
For issues beyond our core areas of expertise or geographical profile, our established network guarantees comprehensive and seamless support for our clients. The network is made up of lawyers specialised in other fields of law, as well as tax advisors and certified auditors within Germany and in other European and non-European countries – all of whom share our high standards of quality and our advisory approach. At the same time, we maintain responsibility for resolving the issue and continue to be your central point of contact. Our firm is also a member of Eurolegal, a network of independent law firms with offices across the globe, which enables us to provide individualised and targeted advice to international clients in any jurisdiction. Selection from this pool of more than 500 law firms across 36 locations in 22 countries is completely independent and based exclusively on individual client needs, as well as quality and economic considerations. We are also more than happy to put our clients in touch with our excellent contacts in various industries – especially venture capital and private equity investors.
Kai Schadbach, LL.M.
Studied Law and Management at the Universities of Kiel, Paderborn, Surrey (UK), Den Haag (NL) and Cleveland (USA). Master of Laws (LL.M. with honors) from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland (USA), followed by a position as Teaching Assistant. Former Adjunct Professor of Contract Law at Gießen-Friedberg University of Applied Sciences. Guest Lecturer at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, at EBS University of Business and Law and at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences in mergers & acquisitions and corporate finance, as well as instructing legal specialisation courses in Corporate Law for Arber Seminare, and the continuing legal education section of the Bar Association of the State of Hesse in the areas of corporate law, venture capital/private equity and mergers & acquisitions and lecturer for German Attorney Institute (Deutsches Anwaltsinstitut) for the specialised training course in mergers & acquisitions.
Attorney-at-law since 1997 at
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour & Pease, LLP (USA)
- Flick Gocke Schaumburg, Rechtsanwälte, Bonn
- Andersen Luther Rechtsanwalts-GmbH, Düsseldorf
- ACG AG , Wiesbaden (General Counsel/CLO)
- 2022: Ranked 5th in Top 100 list (out of 7,626 recommendations) of M&A lawyers in Germany, German Institute for Legal Departments and Corporate Lawyers (diruj) –Law Firm monitor 2021-2022
- Ranked 9th in Top 100 list (out of 7,626 recommendations) of business lawyers in Germany, German Institute for Legal Departments and Corporate Lawyers (diruj) –Law Firm monitor 2021-2022
- 2021: „Business Law Expert of the Year in Germany” – LeadersinLaw Global Awards
- 2020 and 2021: “Germany´s best lawyers” for Venture Capital – Best Lawyers Ranking
- 2020 and 2021: “Germany´s best lawyers” for Venture Capital – Handelsblatt (peer-to-peer rating)
- 2018: “Corporate Lawyer of the Year” Germany – EU Business News
- 2014: Legal500 – listed among the Top-16 German lawyers in the areas of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- 2008 to 2015: JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms – recommended in the areas of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- 2011: WirtschaftsWoche Guide to M&A and Corporate Finance – ranked among the 50 “Leading minds in M&A and Corporate Finance”
- 2010: WirtschaftsWoche – listed among the 50 best lawyers for stock corporation law in Germany
- 2009: Handelsblatt – listed among the 50 best Private Equity lawyers in Germany
Dr. Petra Weipert
Studied law at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main. Legal clerkship with an internship with a law firm in London. Doctorate on the distinction between business acumen and fraud with a scholarship from the Hessische Graduiertenförderung. Lawyer of confidence of the CDH e.V. (Central Federation of German Trade Associations for Commercial Brokerage and Distribution). Member of the German Association for Distribution Law (DGV e.V.) since its foundation in 2010. Legal advisor of the Professional Association of Media Representatives BDV e.V.
Attorney-at-Law since 1998 at:
- German Investment Trust, Frankfurt
- Sturmfels, Delp, Lewer, Ploghaus, Frankfurt
- Ramser Rechtsanwälte, Frankfurt
Hans Schloemer, M.B.L.-HSG (St. Gallen)
Law studies at the Friedrich-Wilhelms University in Bonn. Executive Master’s degree in International Business Law at the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland) with academic stays at Harvard Law School and NYU Law School. Many years of experience as a company and external data protection officer.
Attorney-at-law and General Counsel since 2004 at:
- GvW Graf von Westphalen, Cologne
- CSB System SE, Geilenkirchen
- Leifheit AG, Nassau
- MOBOTIX AG, Winnweiler
Florian Pink, LL.M. (ABERDEEN)
Studied at the Ludwig Maximilians University as well as at the University of Hamburg. Complementary studies in business law at the University Hamburg. Master of Laws (LL.M.) at the University of Aberdeen (UK). Legal Traineeship at the State of Schleswig-Holstein with placement at the Indo German Chamber of Commerce in New Delhi (India).
Attorney-at-law since 2012 at:
- Clifford Chance, Frankfurt
- Simon und Pink Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft (Founder and Managing Director), Frankfurt
Languages: German, English